HUB Step by Step Install Guide (Windows)
(This is the guide for Windows. Please click here for MacOS)
Please follow the 5 steps below to install Greyscalegorilla HUB for Windows :
1) Download a fresh copy for your C4D version from this link.
2) To assure HUB plugin to work best confirm you installed the path below:
C:\Users\YourUser\AppData\Roaming\MAXON\Maxon Cinema 4D 2024\plugins (if you are not using C4D 2024 version please use the path for your version of C4D)
(if there are folders or files from previous installation of GSG Hub please delete them before installation - Folders: "Greyscalegorilla" and "win_r2024_greyscalegorillahub" )
To access that folder you can run Cinema 4D and go to Edit menu > Preferences then click Preferences folder button (after you access the folder please shut down Cinema 4D)
IMPORTANT NOTE: Installing the plugin into a different directory and/or renaming different than it's original name will cause problems and it may not work properly.
Unzip the downloaded new HUB file to a folder with the same name as the zip.
Folder name should be same as the zip file name: i.e win_r2024_greyscalegorillahub
Copy it into C:\Users\YourUser\AppData\Roaming\MAXON\Maxon Cinema 4D 2024\plugins
3) Then launch Cinema 4D go to Edit > Preferences > Greyscalegorilla and set a path for dowloadable assets. (You can set this to your current assets folder path if you already have one ) And Sign in to GSG Hub.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Make sure your assets folder is not under any "Windows" related system folder or "Program Files" folder.
- You can use a folder in root directory of a drive. i.e. D:\GSG_Assets
- under your user Documents folder i.e. C:\Users\YourUser\Documents\GSG_Assets (if you have multiple Windows users that using same machine use the first suggested method)
4) Then go to Greyscalegorilla menu click HUB and then click Plugins tab
- Click "Select All" (1) to check all plugins and then click "Install" button (2)
5) After all plugins installed please restart Cinema 4D and go to HUB click "Stock Assets" tab and select your renderer.
- Then select (1) the assets you want to download and click "Add To Downloads" (2) button.
- When the downloads complete click "Install Assets" button.
To see and use the downloaded materials go to Greyscalegorilla menu and click Plus Library
Now you can drag the material thumbnails to your scene objects or to material editor. Before dragging them make sure you select your renderer and material type New Node or Xpresso