Downloading and extracting the zip files
Download all of the material pack's zip files according to which renderer(s) you will need.
Use a zip utility capable of opening linked zips. We recommend the following
Use the zip utility to extract the first zip file of a given set. It will automatically extract the rest.
Follow the instructions below for each renderer you wish to use the material pack with.
Install lib4d file(s)
- From inside C4D, go to Edit→Preferences. Click the 'Open Preferences Folder' button.
- Navigate to the library/browser/ folder and put the corresponding lib4d file(s) inside it.
Reference the texture files
- From inside C4D, go to Edit→Preferences and find the Files→Paths section.
- Add a reference to the extracted material pack.
If installed correctly, the materials can be found in Browser→Presets inside of C4D.
Reference the Orbx files
- Open the Octane settings window and navigate to Settings→Other.
- Set the LocalDB to the location of the material pack's Orbx files.
From Octane's Live Viewer go to Materials→Open LiveDB. From there you will see a local database containing the installed materials.
NOTE: Octane requires that the scene is saved before downloading any materials from the database to your scene.
Looking for training videos? Log in to Gorilla U